Week 25 of 2012 what happened? #austerity #hypocrisy #politics #greece #Germany #moodys #JimmyCarr
Monday 18th June – It’s official Greece must be austere…or what exactly? Well no money I suppose and the indignation of being booted out of the Eurozone. That’s what top officials said as they made their way to the delightful Mexican holiday resort at Los Cabos on the Baja California peninsula.
Tuesday 19th June – As the economic situation deteriorates in Greece we see a sad reminder of the effects of austerity.
Wednesday 20th June – Poor old Jimmy Carr has been found out for tax avoidance. Although he has legally done nothing wrong, as they said in “Yes Minister”, there is a moral issue. It’s fair to say that normal folk are getting seriously annoyed about how the rich and super rich are avoiding taxes, whilst the ordinary taxpayer (easy target) is supporting the country. Unfair and unjust are words that spring to mind.
Thursday 21st June – Moodys are at it again. In hindsight Moodys are correct….banks are essentially in a mess, sovereign states are broke. Not much point in telling us what we knew 3 years ago, so why not just put a sock in it Moodys. This is irresponsible behavior that is actually making things worse by spreading panic.Perhaps the likes of the FSA should take a look?
Friday 22nd June – Tonight for one night only, Greece have an opportunity to overthrow Germany. If the Greek PM is shrewd he could even solve the debt crisis!
And finally after meeting at Los Cabos and Rome this week, Euro ministers will be looking forward to lunch in Brussels next Thursday and Friday. What a load of nonsense and waste of taxpayers money, jetting ministers, secretaries and security all over the world. Ever heard of videoconferencing? Time for a taxpayer revolt. Please RT if you agree.
- Greece v Germany, the bailout game (bbc.co.uk)
- Merkel must bend a little or risk a total collapse (theglobeandmail.com)
- Cartoon: Greece v Germany, the Bailout Game (englishblog.com)
- Debt crisis: Spanish borrowing hits unaffordable 7pc level (independent.ie)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- The Simple Simon Daily is out! paper.li/SimpleSimon8/1… ▸ Top stories today via @RikusMellet @julijuxtaposed @2020plus1 22 hours ago
- BBC News... Splits expected over gay marriage Conservative Party divisions over legalising bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi… 22 hours ago
- RT @OpenEurope: #Cyprus extended capital controls for another seven days on Friday bit.ly/Z7ozhe 22 hours ago
- The Simple Simon Daily is out! paper.li/SimpleSimon8/1… ▸ Top stories today via @NorthDakota_Gui @primeeconomics @edballsmp 1 day ago
- The Simple Simon Daily is out! paper.li/SimpleSimon8/1… ▸ Top stories today via @Suzze05 @inflationhub @Zmerch_ 2 days ago
- Never mind tax havens – the real hidden billions are in company coffers | Richard Seymour | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk May 13, 2013
- Austerity kills, economists warn May 3, 2013
- ‘Sweetheart’ deal between HMRC and Goldman Sachs was struck to save Government embarrassment #disgrace May 3, 2013
- sound advice from the #FCA #interestrates #0 #banks #economy #pensions May 3, 2013
- High-Speed Traders Exploit Loophole – WSJ.com #cheats #frontrunning May 1, 2013