Monday 18th June – It’s official Greece must be austere…or what exactly? Well no money I suppose and the indignation of being booted out of the Eurozone. That’s what top officials said as they made their way to the delightful Mexican holiday resort at Los Cabos on the Baja California peninsula.
Tuesday 19th June – As the economic situation deteriorates in Greece we see a sad reminder of the effects of austerity.
Wednesday 20th June – Poor old Jimmy Carr has been found out for tax avoidance. Although he has legally done nothing wrong, as they said in “Yes Minister”, there is a moral issue. It’s fair to say that normal folk are getting seriously annoyed about how the rich and super rich are avoiding taxes, whilst the ordinary taxpayer (easy target) is supporting the country. Unfair and unjust are words that spring to mind.
Thursday 21st June – Moodys are at it again. In hindsight Moodys are correct….banks are essentially in a mess, sovereign states are broke. Not much point in telling us what we knew 3 years ago, so why not just put a sock in it Moodys. This is irresponsible behavior that is actually making things worse by spreading panic.Perhaps the likes of the FSA should take a look?
Friday 22nd June – Tonight for one night only, Greece have an opportunity to overthrow Germany. If the Greek PM is shrewd he could even solve the debt crisis!
And finally after meeting at Los Cabos and Rome this week, Euro ministers will be looking forward to lunch in Brussels next Thursday and Friday. What a load of nonsense and waste of taxpayers money, jetting ministers, secretaries and security all over the world. Ever heard of videoconferencing? Time for a taxpayer revolt. Please RT if you agree.
- Greece v Germany, the bailout game (bbc.co.uk)
- Merkel must bend a little or risk a total collapse (theglobeandmail.com)
- Cartoon: Greece v Germany, the Bailout Game (englishblog.com)
- Debt crisis: Spanish borrowing hits unaffordable 7pc level (independent.ie)
This is it, the BIG match. On Friday evening Greece take on Germany in the 2nd Euro 2012 quarter-final. The odds of Greece winning in 90 minutes are about 8/1
E140bn (the approx size of the latest Greek bailout package) at odds of 8/1 would return over a trillion Euros, enough to sort out Greek finances and leave some spare change to invest in the German property market.
Mr Samaras needs to have a quiet word in Frau Merkel’s ear.
Common sense, how to solve the debt crisis.
- Week 20 May 2012, what happened? #greece #eurocrisis #euromillions #Landsecurities #donnasummer #G8 #shit (simplesimon8.wordpress.com)
- Germany v Greece: A real Euro stress test (independent.co.uk)
- Starving Greeks line up by the thousands for food handouts (investmentwatchblog.com)
June 2012, week number 24…..what happened? #Euro2012 #austerity #Greece #Germany #WPP #Engerland #BOE
Monday 11th June, with The European championships 2012 well underway, it remains a mystery how supporters are setting off fire crackers during the matches, resulting in huge plumes of smoke on the pitch. Not much security or health and safety in Poland or The Ukraine?
Tuesday 12th June, a Chinese multi millionaire builds an exact replica of the Paris landmark Château de Maisons-Laffitte at a cost of US$50m. Wow!
Wednesday 13th June, French bank, Credit Agricole prepares to exit Greece and following their 1-2 defeat to The Czech Republic in Euro 2012, it’s rumoured that Germany will bail out Greece by giving them 3 points. They can afford to as they easily beat the rather disorganised Netherlands 2-1
Thursday 14th June, WPP shareholders shouted down Sir Martin Sorell’s pay packet. Strange decision?
Friday 15th June, Mr UK motorist is targeted again for yet more money. Well why not, they are a soft and easy target.
In a significant move the Bank of England has finally indicated that it will give the UK economy a kick-start. Should have happened 2 years ago, still……..better late than never!
- The Simple Simon Daily is out! paper.li/SimpleSimon8/1… ▸ Top stories today via @Suzze05 @inflationhub @Zmerch_ 10 hours ago
- Does your government really understand #taxation #wealth #bailout #windfall #privateequity #fairshare wp.me/p2axt5-vp 1 day ago
- On a light hearted note... Canadian astronaut wrestles with gravity after spaceflight CAPE uk.reuters.com/article/2013/0… 1 day ago
- Common sense, find a politician with it #couldbeawhile wp.me/p2axt5-vX 1 day ago
- "Goldman tax deal lawful but not glorious" says UK judge #disgraceful #shame #commonsense #mugtaxpayers #uk 1 day ago
- Never mind tax havens – the real hidden billions are in company coffers | Richard Seymour | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk May 13, 2013
- Austerity kills, economists warn May 3, 2013
- ‘Sweetheart’ deal between HMRC and Goldman Sachs was struck to save Government embarrassment #disgrace May 3, 2013
- sound advice from the #FCA #interestrates #0 #banks #economy #pensions May 3, 2013
- High-Speed Traders Exploit Loophole – WSJ.com #cheats #frontrunning May 1, 2013