As Gerard and Vlad become new best friends, there is one thing that puzzles me. If the tax rate in Russia is 13% what rate of tax do Russian oligarchs living in the Uk pay?
Presumably less than 13%?
Food for thought as you buy your train ticket this morning….
- Putin gives French actor Depardieu Russian passport (foxnews.com)
In an unprecedented act of common sense, Nowotny calls for a ban on HFT. It’s just a shame that he doesn’t have any power to implement the ban.
However, hopefully if the ban is put in place, it will end years of unregulated front running and cheating by investment banks and the now extinct Prop books.
- UPDATE 2-ECB’s Nowotny calls for high-frequency trade ban (uk.reuters.com)
- Debt crisis: Fed chairman Ben Bernanke announces QE3 – live (telegraph.co.uk)
- Speed. How high-frequency journalism is like high-frequency trading (nextlevelofnews.com)
It has to be said that taxes related to flying are bordering on the ridiculous.
I have no idea what TPSE is but at 80p it seems like a bargain, perhaps I should have paid for another one?
Anyway, point is, that in their desperate greed for funds, governments are stifling business and creating unemployment. Can’t go on like this forever?
Common sense, don’t buy an air ticket without it.
|Air Passenger Duty
|Passenger Service Charge
|Passenger Service Charge (International)
|Total government, authority and airport charges*||GBP112.99|
- Lufthansa | Still evaluating but 3,000 job cuts rumored (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Lufthansa Cutting First Class Services in Cost-Saving Exercise (milesmania.wordpress.com)
- Lufthansa plans new budget airline; named Direct 4 You (airliners1.com)
People power winning though as Banker bonuses are being scaled back. Next target, Premiership footballers?